What to do, what to do?
So, here’s the deal. We have to let our leasing company know if we are resigning our lease for another year by April 1. And I can’t decide what to do. I know none of you care, but I thought maybe writing a post about it will help me clear my head and perhaps seeing it in writing will help.
Please enjoy this video to prepare you for my intense pro/con list:
The pros of renewing our lease:
- No hassle of moving
- We love the location
- We’re safe
- It’s clean and renovated
- Laundry in building
- Mall, grocery, Target all nearby
- Close to the train
- Close to parks
- We feel comfortable and feel at home now.
The cons of living here another year:
- Rent and utilities are expensive
- Rent is going up an extra $75
- Only one bedroom
- Too expensive to have a car
The pros of moving:
- Cheaper rent
- Bigger apartment
- Could get a car
- T.J. could have a shorter commute
The cons of moving:
- Such a hassle to find a new place and actually move
- New apartment might require us to have a car, which is a major expense.
- Have to get used to the new area and try to settle in again
- T.J. could have a longer commute
The pros of having a car:
- Can get anywhere we want
- Can visit family in the East
The cons of having a car:
- A car payment
- Have to drive it across the country to wherever we move next
- Parking, traffic, paying for insurance, gas, and tolls
- Probably gain weight from not walking everywhere (I know that sounds silly, but it’s a serious con)
So, there you have it. All of that is going on in my head, so I’m about to lose it! If you have any tips or would like to tell me what YOU would do… PLEASE SHARE! On top of that, we also need to sign up for insurance by the end of the month. Which brings me to my final Office quote that parallels to my life:
Oh the things you have to consider when you live in such a big, expensive city like NY! Best of luck in making your decision. The Lord will make sure you are where you need to be!