https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2013-11-19 15:25:402013-11-19 09:09:52Tagged by Danica
Tagged by Danica
There’s another one of those award posts going around the blogosphere right now, this one called the Sunshine Award. Danica tagged me last week and I figured it would be a fun post to answer her questions, but I don’t think I’ll be forwarding it along.
- If you could only listen to one band/musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? Michael Buble. I’m kind of embarrassed to say this, considering I used to really be into music. But except for occasional downloads from random artists, I haven’t bought any albums for two years except for Michael Buble’s.
- Which Harry Potter character are you and why? Cho, obviously. Ok, maybe it’s not obvious. And maybe I’m not so much like her, but I just wanted to BE her? I always thought she was so cool, so yes. Let’s just stick with Cho.
- What winter fashion trend are you going to be trying this season? Hahaha oh man, the other day it was so cold and windy here that I realized I either have to pick between fashionable and cold or unfashionable and warm. Needless to say, I’m picking the unfashionable and warm route this season. But I did get some cute snow boots (as cute as snow boots can be) from Target and have already worn them out on cold days. I’m also rocking the mittens that turn into fingerless gloves which is a perfect accessory for iPhone obsessed people like me.
- Who was your best k-12 teacher? What made them great? I loved my English teacher in 10th/12th grade, and my choir teacher. I’m not sure if they were my biggest fans, but they influenced me the most in high school. The choir teacher sometimes was pretty tough on us, but some of the best times were in choir singing under his direction. As for my English teacher, he was just a cool guy that really cared about us. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have made it through college without his influence in high school.
- Favorite secret/unknown/under-the radar restaurant in Utah? Cafe Rio… have you ever heard of it? No but seriously, after being gone for 6 months, I REALLY am craving Cafe Rio. I love the Slab in Provo, but I’m pretty sure most people know about it now.
- What awesome holiday tradition should I be starting with my fuzzy little family this year? Watch all of my favorite Christmas movies at least twice? Once in November and once in December 🙂
- Do you have an inspirational quote or saying you look to when things get tough? Share please. I always turn to Elder Holland’s quote, “Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead… You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come…Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.” Makes me cry just reading it here again.
- What phrase should I be using to shut up the people asking me when I’m gonna “pop out a baby”? Considering my dad keeps asking me this, you’d think I’d have a good answer for you by now! I usually say I’m never having another one… one’s good enough for me!
- What are you going to ask Santa for for Christmas? I wish Santa would bring me this stroller because we’ve used ours to death. But, I think Santa might be about four months late and send that much later. Realistically, I’m hoping for some new gel-nail polish and leather jeggings.
- What is something your readers don’t know about you? I over share about my life. I’m pretty much an open book here on my blog and on social media. So, what don’t you all know…? Sometimes when I would turn on this song (below) back in college while walking around campus, I literally COULD NOT stop myself from singing and dancing. It was embarrassing but I couldn’t help myself. I tried not to turn it on when people were around because I knew they’d think I was a weirdo.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!