https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2013-01-27 20:32:402013-01-27 20:32:40Slow Cooker Vegetable Minestrone Soup
Slow Cooker Vegetable Minestrone Soup
I told you I can’t stop making soups and chilis. Today was no different. Before we left for church, I threw together this recipe so it would be ready for us when we got home.
When we walked into the house after church, the whole place smelled so delicious! We ate it for lunch and dinner and will be doing the same tomorrow. It was so good!
Thanks, Betty Crocker, for the recipe!
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rotini or shell pasta (4 1/2 oz)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients except pasta and cheese.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 8 hours.
- Stir in pasta. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!