https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2011-10-16 19:55:362011-10-16 19:55:36Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
Last Sunday for dinner, I made this delicious wonder. You know me… anything where I don’t have to actually cook the chicken myself, I’m sold. It was absolutely wonderful and very filling… try it this week!
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6-10 frozen chicken breasts tenders (I only used 6, but had a lot of extra sauce and wish I would have made more)
- 1 large onion, chopped (I substituted some dried onion instead because I didn’t want to get onion smell on me since we were about to go to church)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- Chopped dry roasted peanuts to top it off (optional, but wonderful)
- In 4- to-5-quart slow cooker, mix onion, diced and crushed tomatoes, honey, cumin cinnamon, and peanut butter. Add chicken. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours. (Or high for 4-5 hours)
- Serve chicken and sauce over couscous. Top with chopped peanuts.
This sounds so good! I’m gonna have to put a pin it so I can find it later! Thanks for sharing!