https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2011-11-03 11:40:272011-11-03 11:52:05Advice from a Prego
Advice from a Prego
I just got back from the doctor and will be going every week from now on. But the best news is, I’m done with all the doctor payments… now onto paying for the hospital bills. Anyway, while I was sitting in the waiting room, I decided I would write a post with some advice for all of my pregnant friends out there who are a little behind me.
- Wear your regular clothes as long as you can (especially your skinny jeans… oh how I miss my skinny jeans with the zippers!). I know it sounds fun and exciting to get some cute maternity clothes. But hold off because you will get sick of wearing those limited items every day.
- Going along with that, buy a pair of maternity jeans early in the pregnancy just to have on store because there will come a day where you realize you’re starting to show, you will have a dramatic breakdown, and those jeans will be the best things that have come your way.
- Really ask around about doctors. Find a doctor that is right for you and is on the same page for the birthing plan. I really love my doctor and am so glad I found him BUT I should have thought about going to a practice where there is a team of doctors. My doctor has his own practice and so if he can’t make it to the delivery, it’ll be a sad day.
- Going along with that, don’t feel pressured by other people to go natural/to have an epidural… figure out what is right for you after you consider all of your options. I’m kind of a wuss and not really into all that hypnobirthing stuff, so I’m getting an epidural like Amy Poehler in Baby Mama.
- If you feel like you are getting a little chubs in the cheeks, pull your hair up to elongate your face instead of wearing it down where it adds extra width. I read this a week ago on my prego app and feel like it has made a huge difference!
- If your feet are bothering you but you don’t want to stop wearing your cute flats or oxfords, but some of those Scholl’s gel inserts. They’re like $4 at WalMart and will make your dreams come true.
- Check out Kid to Kid in American Fork. They’ve got other locations but the one in AF is by far the best. I have bought so many clothes there that are super cute and were all ridiculous cheap. Don’t forget about TJ Maxx either. One you hit up those two stores, you’ll never want to buy anything from anywhere else because the prices are so good.
- Target sells nursing bras for way cheap. I’ll let you know in a couple weeks if it was a good deal or if you should buy from somewhere nicer.
- Rub your belly and chest as much as possible with cocoa butter or petroleum jelly. I haven’t had any stretch marks and I’m sure all the moisturizing helped.
- Take advantage of shaving your legs and painting your toenails because one day your body just won’t bend those ways and it will feel more like a chore.
And since I showed one Baby Mama clip, I’ve got to show another (this one might be a little TMI for a blog, but oh well). I read about this in one of my birth books the other night… and once again, I’m right there with Amy and Tina on this one.
Oh how I love that movie!!! I laugh my butt off every time I watch it!! Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about choosing to have an epidural. I did with all three of mine and I’m sooo glad I did. I was able to be comfortable and enjoy labor and delivery so much more! (yeah and we never did that olive oil thing…that’s just too weird for me! lol) But I loved your tips! Very cute! Enjoy these last few weeks! They will fly by!!!