https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2013-06-23 09:43:122013-06-25 07:22:27Liebster Award via Black with a Chance of Cheetah
Liebster Award via Black with a Chance of Cheetah
Danica from Black with a Chance of Cheetah tagged me in the Liebster Award. She described it as:
“Liebster” means dearest in German, and it’s awarded, blogger to blogger, to up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules for accepting and giving the award are pretty simple. Once you accept the award, you just have to do the following in a blog entry:
Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator on her blog
Give 11 facts about yourself
Nominate 5-11 other new, up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers
Make up 11 more questions to pass on to the bloggers you choose to nominate
Thank your nominator by linking back to her blog
Upon your post going live, contact your nominees about your nomination for them
- Who is your favorite Office character? Michael Scott, hands down. I’m so obsessed with him that I’ve got “Prison Mike” as my phone background. There’s a Michael Scott quote for everything.
- What are you the most proud of in your life? Being a mother to my sweet daughter Eva. I never imagined that at 24, I’d be in NYC a mother and not as a professional. But it’s the best choice I’ve ever made. Being a mom gives me a divine purpose and an eternal perspective.
- What books should all of us be reading at the pool this summer? Books? Just plug your headphones in and listen to old Office episodes. I’ve been working my way through Season 2 again. Or watch the new Arrested Development season.
- What beauty product can you not live without? I spend about two minutes doing my makeup everyday, but I can’t live without concealer or vaseline (useful for flyaway hairs, making my lips silky and smooth, or bringing back my dry skin to life).
- Where is your favorite secret place to shop (physical or online store)? Secret? Ooh this is a hard one because I buy most everything from Target or Amazon and I’m pretty sure there’s no secret about those places. I do love The Limited and am so happy because there’s one opening up in our local mall this summer.
- What is your best piece of marriage advice? Pray and read the scriptures together. You will be able to tell a physical difference.
- When you are stressed and just want to fast forward life to happier times, what do you do? I have a remedy of five things. Sleep, eat chocolate, drink diet coke, watch lots of TV, and finally-after doing all those things and feeling pretty crumby-exercise. Repeat.
- What is your favorite blog that you HAVE to read every day? #Whatshouldwecallme Some of the posts are completely unrelatable to my life. But some of them are so hilarious and make me laugh out loud.
- I finally have an iPhone. What are your favorite apps that I should go for? Since moving to the city, we’ve used Urbanspoon a couple times to help us decide where to eat. I also love Nike+ to track my jogs, Mint to track our expenses, and Hanging with Friends.
- What is your favorite workout to get in shape? When I had a gym pass, I loved Turbokick… so if your gym offers that class… go! But mostly, I just like getting outside with the stroller and going on long walks. It doesn’t feel like a workout because you’re just exploring.
- Favorite obscure YouTube videos… Go! Miranda Sings, the “Sweet Baby Sweet Baby Sweet” video, the bad lip reading videos are my favorites.
Okay, here are 11 facts about myself:
- I feel like bugs are crawling on my skin all the time. I’ll look, and there’s no bug in site. Itchy skin? Paranoia? Who knows but it’s awful.
- One of my fears is that my teeth will all fall out.
- I take very short showers.
- I love having my nails done.
- My first three jobs all were in the frozen dessert business. (Graeter’s Ice Cream, Snowie Snow Cones, The Creamery-Ice Cream scooper)
- I saw Justin Bieber’s movie at midnight-opening night and it was one of the best times of my life. Now JB just wants to be a rapper and I really can’t stand him. So disappointing.
- One day I want to go to grad school. Maybe for accounting? Is that even a thing? I don’t know. I just want to continue my education and grow my interests.
- I get really irritated on the subway when people who don’t have handicaps/strollers take the elevator. The elevators are very small and very slow, so when they take up space for people who need it (me and Eva), I almost say something… but I have held back so far!
- After years of eating goldfish, I don’t like them anymore. I mean, they’re okay. But I used to eat them religiously and now I don’t even buy them.
- I am the youngest of four children and we were all pretty spaced out in age. It’s cool now as we are growing up because now the difference doesn’t seem as big.
- Halloween is our favorite holiday here at the Derricks’ home. T.J. is already talking about what costumes we will wear and what decorations we will put up this year.
Now I’m tagging five blogs for the Liebster Award:
- Lelia from Life on the Homestead
- Rachel from BORA
- Erin from We got married so now we have a blog
- Carlee from Tim and Carlee
- Laura from Our Life in Graphs
Here are the 11 questions for them… wow this is intense.
- What do you love most about summer?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Where is your dream place to live?
- What was your best vacation?
- What is one of your biggest fears?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Favorite scent at Bath and Body Works?
- What’s a beauty tip you want to share with the world?
- How do you motivate yourself to be healthy?
- What is your favorite website?
- Would you rather be in your sweats or get dressed up?
Yay I’m so excited you nominated me! I’m going to work on this RIGHT now… but I have to mention… you spelled my name wrong. I won’t be too heart broken if you fix it. it’s RACHEL without the extra “A”.