https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2014-01-15 10:32:542014-01-15 10:35:34January in Jersey
January in Jersey
- We have had pretty decent weather for the past couple days. It’s been rainy and windy, but in the 30s-high 40s. When we first got back from UT, it was in the single digits, so I keep thinking Spring is here with this warmer weather.
- Eva is out of control with wearing dresses. She’s always been a fan, but she insists on changing dresses about 10 times a day (not exaggerating). So, I hid them, thinking I’d just get one out for her a day. But she found them and now we’re back to where we were.
- I’ve been documenting everything I eat on myfitnesspal for more than a week now and have already lost weight! It’s kind of addicting to see the nutrition breakdown. I realized I wasn’t getting nearly enough potassium or iron everyday. So, I’m now taking a daily vitamin. Exciting stuff.
- The better I eat, the more I want to exercise. The more I want to exercise, the better I want to eat. (Until it’s 10 pm and I want to eat EVERYTHING.) But really, it is really neat to finally be on a health kick. But that doesn’t mean I don’t treat myself still. I just make sure it’s in the calorie limit. TREAT YO’SELF 2014.
- I have journaled for 14 days straight now using my new one-line journal. I love it. It gives me a chance to write down something funny Eva has said that day or just write down a tender mercy/blessing that happened. I try to write down only happy things (because it’s a happiness journal) but I did write about Eva’s complete breakdown in Target last week. I thought it might be funny to read a couple years from now.
- I’m watching The Bachelor with a group of girls in our ward again. That show… so dumb. I really couldn’t even watch certain parts because it was so awkward/weird. And the whole model/dog group date… the worst. But it’s fun to get together with ladies in the ward and have a night out.
- My cold turned into a sinus infection last week so I had to go to the doctor. But after a long week of recovery, I’m finally feeling 95% better! Woo hoo!
- There are so many sales going on at the mall right now. It’s hard to not shop because we walk around the mall so much to get around or just to get out. But I’ve held out and only bought one clearance item… a necklace from the Limited.
- I learned how to make a vest from a scarf (google it!). So that’s kind of fun.
The new necklace
My new journal… it has space for five years!
A vest out of a scarf
Eva loves her tent from her Swainhart G-parents. And she’s of course, wearing a dress.
My apartment during my sinus infection. It took me forever to unpack.
Said goodbye to a friend in the ward who’s moving to Seattle!
Lots of smoothies over here
Love the journal. What a great idea! My SIL has been the scraf/vest thing for a while not…it’s sooo cute! And really fun! Glad you are feeling better.
I miss you!!! love the necklace, scarf and eva. and of course you.