https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2013-09-22 17:25:232013-09-22 17:25:23I'm a Bluegrass Girl
I’m a Bluegrass Girl
This week I’m going to visit my parents in Northern Kentucky. This trip could not be coming at a better time because I’m aching to get out of the city and just ride in a car for once in my life. I’m making a list of what I want to do while I’m visiting. Here’s what I’ve come up with, other than the obvious “hanging out with fam” type of stuff:
- Eat at Skyline. Duh.
- Go to the Aquarium or the Zoo.
- Go apple picking.
- Go to a movie.
- Walk the People Purple Bridge.
- Go to my old elementary school’s fall festival, the Hullabaloo.
- Eat Graeter’s Ice-Cream
- Eat at the Hofbrauhaus
- Drive down Covert Run… when you don’t have a car and live in the city, driving down an old windy street in the woods sounds really great.
- Have a fire pit.
Here’s a different version of My Old Kentucky Home… it’s rap version.
A Parent’s View
Here is my top ten for you when you come come to visit:
1. Mow the yard and pull weeds
2. Clean bathrooms
3. Clean and paint garage
4. Coat the driveway and repair retaining wall
5. Clean out & convert your old room to a guest room
6. Clean out raccoon nest under porch (see #5)
7. Rewind old VHS tapes
8. Get caught up on editing backlog
9. Work on social media campaigns
10. Redesign old web sites
and here is my video link for you: http://youtu.be/mIwa9sPFT5I
Fun! The weather is PERFECT for coming home!! We were at the zoo the other day, and it was perfection! All the animals were out. The new African exhibit is amazing! Enjoy your time with your family.
At dinner, dad told us about this post. I love it! I can’t wait to see you and Eva! Here are my suggestions!
Top Ten Things for Ashley and Katie to do when Katie comes to Kentucky
1 Have Fun and Make Memories!
2 Cynthiana – lunch with “The Girls”
3 Berry – The Farm
4 Skyline Chili
5 Sweet Tooth for Ice cream
6 Hang out
7 Teach Eva new things 🙂
8 Reminisce – Go thru stuff from high school/childhood
9 Shop at Gap Outlet
10 Rake leaves for parents
Come back soon- go to a DAR Meeting with me! For some KY history until your next DAR Meeting visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_ZbX60Oa4