https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2015-01-19 11:28:552015-01-19 11:29:23Goals
Yes, it really was a FUN year. But reflecting back, I don’t think I actually achieved any goals and I kind of hate that. It makes me think I was just unproductive. I mean, we obviously did a LOT but this year I’m going to make sure we have fun but still keep focused, on all aspects of life!
So, here were my goals from last year:
- Lose 20 pounds (NOPE, sure wish I did and I did probably go down ten pounds by March but I gained it all back)
- Quit nagging and speak in a nice tone (still working on this)
- Organize my Apartment (I did organize it throughout the year, but it’s a mess again)
- Stick to our budget (nope nope nope… oops! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE YEAR!)
- Give more affection (still working on this)
Here are my goals for 2015 that I’ll share with you, in addition to the ones I’m still working on above:
- Study D&C and church history by myself everyday, study New Testament as a couple in preparation to teach our lesson on Sundays, study Book of Mormon with Eva (we got the Book of Mormon stories book on our iPad and it’s been wonderful! I highly recommend getting it), and study Old Testament for family home evening.
- Be early to church each week. Last year, I made this as a goal and we weren’t late once! It did help that church was at 2 and I am the pianist so I need to be there early to play prelude, but the first week of 2015 I was late because the time is much earlier. Hopefully we will get in a good routine and not be late again!
- Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. I am someone who skips meals easily (mostly breakfast and lunch) but then at night I’m pretty much starving so I snack way too much. So, this year I want to eat a more balanced diet! I also am trying to constantly drink water and take vitamins every day. Hoping for clearer skin and more energy!
- Act on promptings and move forward in faith.
- Be patient and speak kindly. I kind of have developed this Jersey attitude, which is not always a good thing. So, at home, at work, out and around the city, I want to be patient with others and speak kindly to them even when it may be difficult.
Alright, 2015, I’m ready for you. Let’s make this a productive year full of real happiness! XOXO-Katie
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!