https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png 0 0 Katie https://katiederrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/logo.png Katie2012-01-03 08:55:522012-01-03 08:55:52Can't Believe it's January
Can’t Believe it’s January
- You know how the winter seems to drag on usually and in January you are just so ready for it to be summer already? I don’t feel that way at all this year. Perhaps it’s because we haven’t had any snow yet. But I think mostly it’s because time seriously goes so fast. I feel like it was just two weeks ago when T.J. and I were sitting in tubes on the lazy river at Seven Peaks.
- There’s this Christmas song my mother-in-law had us listen to on Christmas called “A Baby Changes Everything.” It’s about how Mary’s ordinary life as a young teenager changed completely when she found out she would be bringing the Savior into the world. But of course, it is so applicable to all of us (my mother-in-law’s children and their spouses) since we just had babies or are expecting. I think about the song almost daily. A baby really does change everything. There are the obvious changes such as the lack of sleep I now receive, the fact that just going to the grocery store now takes tons of planning… going anywhere or doing anything takes tons of planning, and I have to watch what I eat so much just because it affects Eva. But then there are all these other things that have changed or are starting to change, one of which is my patience. It turns out having a baby is the biggest test of patience I’ve ever gone through. There are times where I just want to throw in the towel give up, cry, and call my mom to say it’s too hard. And I’ve done that, several times. But the reward of having her in my life is so much greater than all the trials, and my life has so much more meaning now with Eva. It’s remarkable.
- I didn’t get to watch The Bachelor premiere last night… how was it?!? I’ve never watched any of the seasons, I just watched the season finale of The Bachelorette with a bunch of girls last summer and now I’m kind of hooked.
- I made Peanut Chicken and BBQ Chicken in the crock pot this past week. The slow cooker is seriously one of the best inventions in the world. You just throw your frozen chicken in there, put in a little bit of sauce, and then have a delicious meal 5 hours later waiting for you. Obsessed.
- Now that Christmas is over, what am I supposed to listen to? I’ve been listening to Christmas music for so long, it’s going to be hard to go back.
- Whoever says that you’ll be sick of Christmas decorations if you put them up too early is crazy because we put ours up about a week before Thanksgiving and I was so sad to take down everything yesterday. Now my home feels boring. Maybe I need to make some new decorations for our house? Must be time for a crevening.
- We have church at 9 am now. I’ve never yawned so much in my life.
- School starts back up for T.J. tomorrow. He has a little lighter load this semester so hopefully I’ll get to see him a little more than I did last semester.
- Eva is almost a month old. Holy cow! Also, T.J.’s cousin and sister both took pictures of her and I can’t wait to share them with you all!
- I can’t tell you how many boxes of gingerbread men cookies that I went through in the past five days because my mom would freak out if she knew. But I’m now having a withdrawal because we are all out! Oh, Smith’s please tell me you still have some boxes left!!!
- Eva makes so many sounds. Sometimes she sounds like a little kitten. Who knew we were getting a pet along with a baby?
Time for a crevening indeed! Please can we soon?
New year’s resolutions: No more gingerbread cookies. Who knows, they may be giving the baby tummy aches.